Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Practice makes perfect....right?

So I told myself probably 8 months ago that I wanted to make Keith's 1st birthday cake. And since I had been watching the food network I wanted to do a fondant cake. So I thought to myself today, I think I should try it out to make sure I have everything. Step 1: Make the cake. Check! Step 2: Stack and frost the cakes. Ummmm...my cake fell apart, I almost lost half of the top heart. (Apparently a heart is not a shape for beginners.) So I tried to recover. Step 3: Make fondant and apply. Too bad fondant shows every mistake. It is a disaster. But I guess good thing I tried. Hopefully my step 2 will not fail next time.

2 comments:

Rob and Jenni Holman said...

it looks good to me!!

The Eborns said...

It looks really good for a first attempt! I did end up buying the carseat you suggested. Thanks!